Part-Time Art Educator
Start Date: January 2019
Job Type: Part-Time
Sing Explore Create, LLC is currently hiring a part-time Art Educator. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a music therapy private practice and arts studio. We provide art education, music therapy, music education, and recreational therapy services in our studios, as well as at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond.
Much of our clientele that the art educator would be working with are individuals with special needs, memory loss and physical disabilities.
The perfect candidate for this position will have strong art and communication skills, flexibility, and experience working with
the populations mentioned above. The Art Educator will prepare for all classes and modify
projects so that all can be successful.
This position requires traveling to each on-site facility. The candidate must have reliable transportation with a valid driver license.
● Art specialist - Bachelors degree in Art or related field preferred
● Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients.
● Strong Art Skills
● Ability to plan and provide quality art programs for a variety of clients
● Certified or able to become certified (at employee’s own expense) in “Art is 4 every1” method of
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work independently and with a team
● Pass a CORI/SORI background check
● 1 year experience working with the special needs/elderly population (as an art educator
preferred, but work within other roles may also be acceptable)
● 1 year experience teaching art
- Teach recreational art classes throughout the South Shore to clients of all ages and abilities
- Plan age-appropriate, engaging, creative, and educational classes
- Adapt/modify lessons and materials in order to make art experiences accessible to all
- Effectively communicate with staff regarding classes, scheduling, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Assist in program development needs as they arise.
- Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other reasonable duties as they relate to the position and as assigned by the Art Director.
Interested candidates should submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time