Sing Explore Create, LLC has an immediate opening for a part-time hourly piano instructor, although candidates who are also able to teach guitar, ukulele, voice, and/or early childhood music classes will be given preference. All lessons take place in our Rockland studio. For the right candidate there is also an opportunity to teach early childhood music classes at preschools throughout the South Shore. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a music therapy private practice and arts studio. We provide music therapy, music education, art education services in our Rockland studio, as well as at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond. Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
Employees are compensated for all working hours, including prep time, meetings/trainings, teaching time, completing timesheets, and other tasks.
Benefits include: Simple IRA (with company match), Life and disability insurance (no employer contribution), travel stipend for employees that teach off-site
Thursdays and at least 1 other day will be required. Most lessons occur after school hours.
- Bachelor’s of Music or related degree preferred
- Strong music skills
- Ability to plan and provide quality music lessons for all ages and abilities required
- Ability to plan and provide quality music programs for early childhood population preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Pass a CORI/SORI background check
- Teach piano lessons to beginner/intermediate students (ability to teach guitar, ukulele, or voice lessons as well a plus!)
- Plan age-appropriate, engaging, creative, and educational lessons
- Adapt/modify lessons and materials in order to make music accessible to all
- Effectively communicate with students regarding classes, scheduling, etc.
- Attend staff meetings (typically 2 times per year) and trainings (typically 1-2 times per year). All time will be compensated for.
- Assist in program development needs as they arise.
- Attend recitals and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC (typically 1-2 times per year). All time will be compensated for.
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other reasonable duties as they relate to the position and as assigned by the Director.
Preference will be given to candidates qualified and willing to perform the additional following duties:
- Teach recreational early childhood music classes
- Plan/teach age-appropriate, engaging, creative, and educational classes
- Assist in creating monthly early childhood music newsletter
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]