Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Position: Full-Time Salaried Board-Certified Music Therapist (POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED!)
Posting Date: March 2021
Preferred Start Date: May 2021
Sing Explore Create, LLC is hiring a full-time (salaried) board-certified music therapist to join our team. This position includes a combination of telehealth and in-person services. As of the time of this posting, Massachusetts COVID restrictions are beginning to ease and more clients are opting for in-person services. As of right now, the position includes in-person services at our center, as well as telehealth services, but it is anticipated that by the time the candidate starts there will be some travel to clients opting for in-person services at their school or community agency. Only applicants local to or willing to relocate to Massachusetts should apply. In-person services will take place throughout the South Shore and surrounding areas south of Boston, including clinic hours in our center. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a center for Music Therapy, Education, and Wellness located in Rockland and serving several communities in Massachusetts. We are committed to improving the lives of all those we serve through clinical music therapy services, music education, and creative-arts wellness programs for individuals and organizations we partner with throughout the community. We provide music therapy services in our center, as well as at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond. In addition to clinical music therapy services, we provide recreational music lessons (traditional/adapted) and creative-arts based wellness programs.
There is a real opportunity for growth when joining our team. We are constantly expanding our practice and the list of agencies and facilities we work with. The hired candidate will have the opportunity to continue to mold the position to meet his/her professional goals and work with his/her preferred client population. Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support, including biweekly peer supervision meetings. We are committed to creating sustainable music therapy jobs with benefits and continued opportunities for professional growth for all our employees. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
- Health Insurance
- Access to Simple IRA with employer contribution
- Access to life and disability insurance
- Paid time off + certain paid holidays
- Worker’s compensation
- Professional Liability Insurance
- CBMT annual dues
- Assistance in obtaining CMTEs
- Travel Stipend (based on number of off-site clients throughout the week)
- Individual and Group Supervision
- Company-owned laptop/instruments distributed upon beginning of employment
- Access to library of music therapy resources and instruments
- Working with a strong team of music therapists and creative arts educators in a collaborative environment that emphasizes active participation in supervision and sharing resources with one another!
- Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients when COVID restrictions allow for in-person services.
- Strong music skills (especially voice and guitar)
- Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment to a variety of clients and populations
- Experience providing remote music therapy services through zoom and/or google meet strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Pass a CORI/SORI/Adam Walsh background check
- Follow American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) standards of practice.
- Maintain board certification by CBMT and comply with continuing education requirements. Some assistance will be given by Sing Explore Create, LLC for this.
- Provide a minimum of 20 direct client contact service hours per week virtually, at our center, as well as at client sites in the South Shore and South Coast regions of MA. Primary populations include:
- Children/adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Children with speech and communication disorders
- Children and adults with anxiety/ADD/ADHD
- Provide 1:1 music therapy and group music therapy sessions to clients in accordance with their treatment plans
- Provide 1:1 adapted/therapeutic music lessons
- Provide recreational music groups when necessary.
- Provide recorded therapeutic music videos (training will be provided) for clients as a remote service option
- Complete and document intakes, assessments, and client sessions for music therapy clients.
- Maintain documentation for music therapy clients, utilizing Sing Explore Create, LLC’s documentation system, including weekly session notes, as well as written progress reports as frequently as deemed necessary in individual client’s treatment plans.
- Effectively communicate with parents/clients regarding treatment plans, sessions, scheduling, etc.
- Complete daily timesheets.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in biweekly supervision meetings.
- Assist in program development needs as they arise.
- Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Interested candidates should submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time
All students are required to wear a mask in our center, strict cleaning procedures are in-place. Limited number of students allowed in the center each day. Any new team members would be eligible in the state of MA to receive the COVID-19 vaccine upon hire.