Part-Time Music Educator
Start Date: September 2018
Job Type: Part-Time
Sing Explore Create, LLC has an immediate opening for a part-time hourly music educator. The majority of client hours will take place in the South Shore, including possible classes in our studio. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a music therapy private practice and arts studio. We provide music therapy, music education, art education services in our studios, as well as at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond. While this position is specifically for teaching early childhood music, teaching private lessons (including adapted lessons) or classes for other ages may be an option if the candidate is interested (not required) and is the right fit. Although this is a traveling position, every effort is made to minimize travel time and keep educators working in 1 geographic location each day. Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
Employees are compensated for all working hours, including prep time, meetings/trainings, teaching time, completing timesheets, and assisting in creating monthly newsletter for schools.
Instruments and materials are provided.
Current schedule is Wed-Fri. hours vary slightly each of these days, but day starts no earlier than 9am and ends no later than 2:15pm. Additional hours may become available, as our caseload is consistently growing.
- Bachelor’s of Music or related degree preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients.
- Strong music skills (especially guitar and voice)
- Ability to plan and provide quality music programs for early childhood population
- Ability to plan provide quality music programs (including lessons) for all ages and abilities is a plus!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Pass a CORI background check
- Teach recreational early childhood music classes throughout the South Shore
- Plan age-appropriate, engaging, creative, and educational classes
- Adapt/modify lessons and materials in order to make music accessible to all
- Assist in creating monthly newsletter for schools
- Effectively communicate with school administrators/staff regarding classes, scheduling, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Assist in program development needs as they arise.
- Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other reasonable duties as they relate to the position and as assigned by the Director.
Interested candidates should submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time