Interested candidates should email requested items to [email protected] See full description/position requirements below.
Full Time Board-Certified Music Therapist
Start Date: April-June 2022
Job Type: Full-Time
Sing Explore Create, LLC is GROWING and expanding our team of board-certified music therapists! We are looking for motivated and creative music therapists who want to join a supportive team in a fun and thriving practice! Ideal candidates are interested in providing clinical music therapy services, as well as creative arts wellness programs (think more programmatic or community music therapy based).
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a center for Music Therapy, Education, and Wellness located in Rockland and serving several communities in Massachusetts. We are committed to improving the lives of all those we serve through clinical music therapy services and creative-arts wellness programs for individuals and organizations we partner with throughout the community. Our creative arts wellness programs are rooted in our knowledge as music therapists and the positive effects engaging in music and the arts has on the body and mind.
We are looking to hire 1-2 full-time (salaried) board-certified music therapists for an April-June 2022 start date. This position will primarily include in-person services, with minimal telehealth services when needed. Only applicants local to or willing to relocate to Massachusetts should apply. In-person services will take place throughout the South Shore and surrounding areas south of Boston, including clinic hours in our center. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
There is a real opportunity for growth when joining our team. We are constantly expanding our practice and the list of agencies and facilities we work with. The hired candidate will have the opportunity to continue to mold the position to meet his/her professional goals and work with his/her preferred client population. Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support, including biweekly peer supervision meetings. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
Salary: $46,000-$50,000 per year
Retirement (with employer contribution)
Life and Disability
Over 3 weeks PTO and Holiday to start
CMTE/Professional Development Stipend
CBMT fees covered
Individual and Group Supervision
Company-owned laptop/ipad/instruments distributed upon beginning of employment
Access to library of music therapy resources and instruments
Working with a strong team of music therapists and creative arts educators in a collaborative environment that emphasizes active participation in supervision and sharing resources with one another!
- Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Strong music skills (especially voice and guitar)
- Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment and engaging creative arts wellness programs to a variety of clients and populations
- Experience providing remote music therapy services through zoom and/or google meet preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Pass a CORI/SORI background check
- Follow American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) standards of practice.
- Maintain board certification by CBMT and comply with continuing education requirements. Some assistance will be given by Sing Explore Create, LLC for this.
- Provide a minimum of 20 direct client contact service hours per week virtually, at our center, as well as at client sites in the South Shore, Metro South, and South Coast regions of MA. Primary areas of service:
- Children/adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Children with speech and communication disorders
- Children and adults with anxiety/ADD/ADHD
- Eldercare (MT for memory care and wellness programs for older adults)
- Early Childhood and School-Aged programs focused on SEL
- Provide 1:1 music therapy and group music therapy sessions to clients in accordance with their treatment plans
- Provide creative arts wellness programs (recreational music groups with focus on wellness and global development)
- Complete and document intakes, assessments, and client sessions for music therapy clients.
- Maintain documentation for music therapy clients, utilizing Sing Explore Create, LLC’s documentation system, including weekly session notes, as well as written progress reports
- Effectively communicate with parents/clients regarding treatment plans, sessions, scheduling, etc.
- Complete daily timesheets.
- Attend and actively engage in staff meetings and peer/individual supervision
- Assist in program development needs as they arise (primary responsibilities will be planning sessions for new groups)
- Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC (typically 1-2 times per year)
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other duties related to the position and as assigned by supervisor
Interested candidates should submit the following to [email protected]
- Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time
- Video or audio recording of you singing 2 songs in varying styles, while accompanying yourself on guitar for at least 1 of the songs. This does NOT need to be a professional recording.