Updated July 6, 2021
Like so many, we are excited to be even closer to "normal" life again here at SEC. Please see our most updated health and safety policies below. We appreciate your understanding that our services fall under many categories, given that we provide both recreational and therapy services for all ages. The policies below were created after thoroughly reviewing guidelines from Governor Baker's office, Department of Ed., Department of Early Education and Care, and Department of Developmental Services. We will continue to review and update our policies as necessary.
- Facemasks are required in our center for:
- Unvaccinated adults
- Participants and staff in our Thursday, 1-3pm Creative Arts Wellness program for adults.
- Facemasks are optional in our center for:
- Vaccinated teens and adults (including staff)
- SEC staff will continue to wear a mask in private music therapy or private music lessons if requested by the student or music therapy client. Staff will discuss preferences with individual students and caregiver at your next session.
- For off-site services, all SEC Staff will adhere to the health and safety requirements (including masking and social distancing policies) of the facilities we are visiting.
- All visitors (including staff) are required to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- SEC Staff are required to wash/sanitize their hands between each group or individual session.
Screening for illness
- We ask that you do not enter the center if you are sick. If you are sick or required to quarantine for any reason, please contact us to postpone your services or arrange for virtual services until it is safe for you to return to the center.
- If any visitor gets sick while at the center, SEC staff will guide them to a separate area away from others until they are picked up or able to safely leave on their own. Caregivers will be contacts immediately if an individual becomes sick in our center and needs to be picked up.
- All surfaces, instruments, and other materials are cleaned between every session.
- Bathrooms and common areas are regularly cleaned throughout the week.
- HEPA air filters are operating in every room and our HVAC system is updated and operating with maximum outdoor air exchange.
Use of Instruments/Materials
- Group participants will be allowed to share instruments and materials. Any item that is “mouthed” or otherwise contaminated will immediately be removed from group use and fully disinfected or disposed of appropriately after the group.
Pick Up/Drop Off
- Please make every effort to pick up/drop off in a timely manner. Staff need the scheduled time in between sessions to properly clean for the next student’s arrival. Please do not enter the center before your scheduled time. Frequent late pick ups may result in losing your scheduled timeslot or additional fees.
Contact [email protected] or 781-803-2117 ext. 4