Updated February 15, 2022
We appreciate your understanding that our services fall under many categories, given that we provide both recreational and therapy services for all ages. The policies below were created after thoroughly reviewing guidelines from the CDC, Governor Baker's office, Department of Ed., Department of Early Education and Care, and Department of Developmental Services. We will continue to review and update our policies as necessary.
- As of 2/21/22, Facemasks are OPTIONAL for students, clients, and staff in our center**. All members of SEC staff are fully vaccinated.
- **Masks will still be required during our Music Therapy and Creative Arts Wellness program for adults unless the exemption requirements listed below are met. We will reevaluate this at the end of the winter session**
- Exemptions to Facemask Requirement in Music Therapy and Creative Arts Wellness for Adults: Facemasks will not be required for anyone for whom a face mask or covering creates a health risk or is not safe because of any of the following conditions or circumstances:
- the face mask or covering affects the person’s ability to breathe safely
- the person has a mental health or other medical diagnosis that advises against wearing a face mask or covering
- the person has a disability that prevents them from wearing a face mask or covering
- the person depends on supplemental oxygen to breathe.
For off-site services, all SEC Staff will adhere to the masking policies & health and safety requirements of the facilities we are visiting.
- All visitors (including staff) are asked to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- SEC Staff are required to wash/sanitize their hands between each group or individual session.
Screening for illness/Quarantine Requirements
- Please do not enter the center if you are sick. If you are sick or required to quarantine for any reason, please contact us to postpone your services or arrange for virtual services until it is safe for you to return to the center.
- We have adopted the CDC's new guidance around testing positive and being close contacts:
- Students/Staff who test positive, will be allowed to return to in-person services after 5-days from the onset of symptoms or a positive test, so long as symptoms have subsided.
- Individuals should remain masked at all times while in the center for the 5-days following their 5-day isolation/quarantine period.
- No one should enter the center if continuing to experience symptoms.
- If any visitor gets sick while at the center, SEC staff will guide them to a separate area away from others until they are picked up or able to safely leave on their own. Caregivers will be contacted immediately if an individual becomes sick in our center and needs to be picked up.
- All surfaces, instruments, and other materials are cleaned between every session.
- Bathrooms and common areas are regularly cleaned throughout the week by staff, as well as once per week by a cleaning company.
- HEPA air filters are operating in every room and our HVAC system is updated and operating with maximum outdoor air exchange.
Use of Instruments/Materials
- Students and therapy clients will be allowed to use and share instruments and materials. Any item that is “mouthed” or otherwise contaminated will immediately be removed from use and fully disinfected or disposed of appropriately after the sessions