About A.B.C. Play
This weekly drop-off class has a morning or afternoon option for families. You may choose to register for semester 1, semester 2, or for the full school year. Activities chosen will aim to strengthen speech and communication skills, gross and fine motor movement, as well as social skills in order to build confidence and help children connect with new friends. Each class includes the following activities, designed and facilitated by the MT, SLP, and/or OT.
- Free Play (transition into the group with a targeted focus on facilitating social play and working on SLP/OT goals in a natural environment)
- Music (instrument play, singing, dancing, drumming, and music games that center on goals targeting communication, emotional regulation, and social interaction with their peers)
- Snack & Socialize (gain independence in retrieving their snack and learn how to ask for help. The group eats snack together and our SLP facilitates group discussion as well as a story or an interactive game)
- Arts & Crafts (fine motor planning and skill building with the OT that includes painting, pre-writing skills, cutting, gluing, sensory play, and more.)
- Movement Games (dancing, parachute play, obstacle courses, gross motor games facilitated by the OT targeting motor planning, balance, jumping, body control, body awareness, and regulation)
- Star Time (five minutes reserved at the end to practice mindfulness and deep breathing before seeing our caregivers)
A.B.C. Play is an integrated program that will benefit all children, including those in need of support in any developmental areas. Support staff (such as ABA therapists) are welcome to assist any child who needs 1:1 support to participate. The Leading Therapy Home therapists offer 30-minute, direct 1:1 therapeutic interventions integrated into the class structure with potential insurance reimbursement on a case-by-case basis. Classes are held at Sing Explore Create, LLC.
2023-2024 School Year Information
Ages: 2.9-5 years
AM Session*: Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30am
PM Session*: Wednesdays, 12:30-2:30pm
(*Choose AM or PM Session at time of registration)
Semester 1: September 13-January 24
Semester 2: January 31-June 12
Full School Year: September 13-June 12
Tuition (Semester 1 or 2): 5 payments of $216
Tuition (Full School Year): 10 payments of $208.80
*Enrollment is ongoing until classes fill. Monthly tuition will be prorated based on start date. Limited insurance-funded spots may be available. All other spots are private pay (3rd party funding from scholarship or other community agencies is accepted.